May 16, 2016

Emma Watson: "I don't want to play a passive role in anything"




From Total Film (July 2016). 
Transcripted by Watsonuncensored. Credit if you use it.



Daniel Brühl:

"It's fascinating, in a really terrible way, but there are just so many angles to explore. We all need to digest it every day on set. Me and Emma are staying in the same hotel so we have dinner together and talk it through. She has it a lot harder than I do though..."

Emma Watson:

"I've been at university for the last five years, so the only thing I've been able to fit in around my studies were supporting roles. This is my first chance to really develop and see a character through from beginning to end. You're the person that the audience sees the story through. It's a subtle difference, but it's there. I'm... carrying the film. It's cool. It's really cool.

"The first thing you do is Google Colonia Dignidad... I did that, and as soon as I did, I was reluctant to read the script. I thought it was going to be very heavy - which of course it is - but the script is actually incredibly fast-paced... But I was still terrified to go to Chile. I was still scared of visiting the colony. I found it difficult to even absorb some of the things I was reading in the script. And something about that made me want to be challenged."

"We're used to seeing a damsel in distress being rescued by a knight in shining armour - but this is a story where a young woman goes to save her man... That immediately appealed. I don't want to play a passive role in anything. It staggers me that no one knows that this happened. It's a story that absolutely needs to be told. But for me, it's all about a very courageous woman."

"If Michael [Nyqvist] is in the room, you really know it. We discussed it before and I told him that I thought our scenes would be better if I don't know what's going to happen. He really, really took that to heart. He did everything from throwing shoes at me to kicking me in the legs. I was genuinely terrified."

8 comments:

RT said...

looks really interesting but UK is one of the only places it has not been released in yet, have to wait and see.

Anonymous said...

Eden I know what your doing and it's a shame. Trying to post articles which push the Panama one off the main page. Disappointed :(

Eden said...

I feel insulted but at the same time I understand it could be seen this way, so I'm very confused about how to react XD

Anyway, that was not the intention, and if people scroll down, they'll still see the article on top of the "popular posts" on the right column.

I just went through a month of unread Google alerts and posted what I had missed.

RT said...

The blog has been updated with current information. The Panama papers question has been asked and answered. I actually looked at the data myself and there is nothing to refute Emma's claims; UK law would have left her details public domain (ironically like the PP data) and using a shell company abroad would not.

I also searched the Panama Papers for other entries and none linked to Emma are present, there were many other better targets for the press I think this was a slow news day and prominent feminist and successful women do seem to be a favored target for these news peace's unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

First Anon, time is running and Emma Watson's news are gonna come, like it or not, and as far as I know this blog is always updating, I understand that you would love the idea of the PP thing being in front page forever, but other news are coming, Eden is just doing her job.

By the way, I really appreciate your job Eden, Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I saw her role in Colonia. Found it interesting yet disturbing. Not as troubling as her role in Regression. Normally those films are not my cup-of-tea. Nevertheless, she pulled it off admirably. Scripts and plots were mediocre. Best script post Potter is still Perks,Beauty and the Beast,the Circle. Have yet to watch two out of this three. Cheers Eden you are doing fab job of updating your blog!

Anonymous said...

Eden, don't let that anon comment bother you. This blog is very interesting that allows much discussion about what Emma and much admiration. The Panama Papers were presented, and I think if someone wants to know more about it, they have to seek other sources. This website is about Emma, and as far as I searched, there have been no incriminating evidence toward her or anyone else. It seems to be as she has stated- even though offshore provides loopholes for the rich- nobody should want to erase that- but its legal but not moral. OK

Anonymous said...

thanks for your reply Eden but many of the stories since could have been easily condensed into one blog - the Panama one was by far your most popular blog for a long time.

thanks anyway